A warm welcome to Vale, Valleys and Cardiff Adoption.
VVC is one of five regional collaboratives which form part of the National Adoption Service in Wales. It serves Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council, Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council, The City of Cardiff Council and the Vale of Glamorgan Council.
Adopting a child or children is an emotional road, but you won’t be making it alone.
We will talk to you about your decision to become an adoptive parent, discuss the right training to prepare you for adoptive parenthood, explore and identify who the right child/children are for you. We will help you to learn about and understand your child during the introductory period and be there as you settle down and learn to live together as a family and at any time after the placement and the formal adoption, when you may need advice or assistance.
We work closely with the other regional Adoption Collaboratives and voluntary organisations in Wales to maximise opportunities for children and prospective adopters by sharing resources and placements.
The service works from a centrally located team and provides the following services:
- information and advice to anyone interested in becoming an adoptive parent
- preparation, pre-approval training and timely assessments for all prospective adoptive parents including inter country adopters
- undertaking assessments of step parent and relative adopters
- finding placements to meet the needs of all children in the regional area requiring adoptive placements
- a support service to adoptive families pre and post adoption
- support for birth parent wishing to explore contact and those wishing to search for their birth relatives
- support to birth relatives wishing contact with the adopted person
This website explains our support in more detail.